NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME (NHIS)
INVITATION TO TENDER AND EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR THE EXECUTION OF 2019 PROJECTS
The National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), has appropriated funds in the 2019 Budget for the execution of its Projects and Programmes.
Accordingly and in compliance with relevant provisions of the Public Procurement Act 2007 (PPA 2007), the Scheme hereby invites qualified, interested and reputable contractors, suppliers, service providers and consultants to submit tender documents and/or express interest necessary for consideration for the execution of the underlisted projects:
- SCOPE OF SUPPLIES/WORKS/SERVICES
CATEGORY A – Procurement of Goods
Lot 1. Printing of Annual Reports 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018
Lot 2. Procurement of Laptop Computers
Lot 3. Procurement of UPS
Lot 4. Procurement of Stabilizers
Lot 5. Procurement of Server Systems (Hardware and software)
Lot 6. Procurement of Projectors
Lot 7. Procurement of Staging Server (Hardware and Midware) for Data Capturing Support
Lot 8. Procurement of Printers (Multi-function Network Printers)
Lot 9. Procurement of 45KVA Large Scale UPS for Power Backup
Lot 10. Procurement of Office Furniture and Equipment for the following Offices:
- Head Office and Annex Office
- North Central B Zonal Office, Benue and FCT Offices
- South-South Zonal Office and Ondo State Office
- Lagos Zonal Office, Kaduna and Kwara State Offices
- Ebonyi, Anambra and Kano State Offices
Lot 11. Purchase of Project Vehicles (Headquarters)
Lot 12. Purchase of Project Vehicles (Zonal Offices)
Lot 13. Purchase of Project Vehicles (State Offices)
Lot 14. Production of Media Info Kits (Gloss Fact Sheets, Handbook, FAQs)
Lot 15. Purchase of Media Resources
Lot 16. Procurement of All-in-one Desktop computers
Lot 17. Procurement of Oracle Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) Enterprise licenses (12c) from Oracle Corporation at 2-Sites (Production and online).
Lot 18. Procurement of Microsoft Suite (Enterprise Volume License)
Lot 19. Procurement of Oracle Weblogic, Data Integrator and SOA
Lot 20. FIREWALL (Network Perimeter Defence)
Lot 21. Unified Threat Management System (Sophos suite)
Lot 22. SMTP - Central and User Email Protection
Lot 23. Cyber roam Upgrade and License
Lot 24. Staging (middleware) platform
Lot 25. Supply and Installation of Wireless access points for Head Office, Utako and Annex Office, Wuse II, Abuja
CATEGORY B – Works
Lot B1. Fencing/Supervision of NHIS Landed Properties in the States
CATEGORY C - Consultancy
Lot C1. Annual Hosting, maintenance and data capture support Service Provision for NHIS Programmes
Lot C2. Investment Risk Management Consultancy
Lot C3. Revalidation of Scheme's Movable/Fixed Assets
Lot C4: TV- Documentaries
Lot C5. a. Production
Lot C6: Consultancy Services for Media Intelligence/New Media Presence and Surveillance
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Prospective bidders are required to submit, as part of their technical bid submission, the following mandatory documents, the absence of which disqualifies the bidder from further consideration in the bid process:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7
- Current Tax Clearance Certificates for the last three (3) years ( 2016,2017 & 2018) expiring 31st December, 2019
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2019
- Evidence of Compliance with Pension Reform Act 2004 by inclusion of PENCOM Compliance Certificate expiring 31st December, 2019
- Evidence of Compliance with Industrial Training Fund (ITF) in line with relevant provision of the ITF Amendment Act, 2011 (Certificate only) expiring 31st December, 2019.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by inclusion of Interim Registration Report (IRR) issued by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) expiring 31st January, 2020 or valid Certificate issued by BPP;
- Current Court Sworn Affidavit disclosing: -
- That the company is not in receivership, insolvent or bankrupt.
- That the company does not have any Director who has ever been convicted in any court in Nigeria or any other country for criminal offence in relation to fraud or financial impropriety
- Whether or not any officer of the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) or officer or Council Member of National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and that all documents submitted for the bidding are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company’s Profile and Technical qualifications of key professional staff with evidence of registration with professional Bodies (COREN, CPRCN ETC) in respect of Computers and Works Project.
- Evidence of Current License to Practice for Year 2019 from Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria (CPN) showing the category of registration (for all ICT projects)
- Verifiable evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs successfully executed in the last 3 years including Letters of Award, Project Costs, Job Completion Certificate;
- List of plant and equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease (Works).
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- For supply of Equipment: Letter of Authorization issued by Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs);
- For supply of Vehicles: Only companies included in the National Automotive Design and Development Council’s approved list of local manufacturers of vehicles or their authorised representatives should bid for the vehicles;
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm
- COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS (GOODS & WORKS):
4.1 A non-refundable tender fee for each project categorized as Works and Goods, in the sum of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) only per Lot, is payable by all bidders (except bidders for Consultancy Services).. The tender fee of ten thousand Naira (10,000.00) is payable through GIFMISS (Code No. 1000032161) payable to National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS).
Only bidders who scale through the pre-qualification evaluation for the Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Consultancy Services will pay a tender fee at a later stage.
- Tender documents for Goods and works are obtainable from Procurement Department, 4th Floor, and National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) on presentation of the original copy of Receipt issued by Finance and Account Department of NHIS as evidence of payment of the N10, 000.00 tender fee.
- SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS:
5.1 GOODS & WORKS
Prospective bidders are to submit bids for each of the lots desired, two (2) hard copies each of the Technical and Financial bids packaged separately in sealed envelopes clearly markedas ”Technical Bid” and “Financial Bid” respectively and both enclosed in a third sealed envelope. All the three (3nos) envelopes should bear the “Project Name” and at Top Right Hand Corner of the Envelopes and addressed to:
The General Manager,
National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS)
Plot 297, POW Mafemi Crescent
Utako District, Abuja.
Clearly labelled document should be deposited in the Tender Boxes on the 4th Floor, NHIS Headquarters, Utako -Abuja. Company’s Name, Address and phone number of the company’s representative should also be written on the reverse side of the envelope. Closing time for submissions for Category A & B is on 12:00 noon on 18th December, 2019
Interested firms are to submit two (2) bound of Expression of Interest (EoI) documents separated by dividers and arranged as indicated above. The documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed as indicated above, and clearly marked with (the name of the project and the Lot number). Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box not later than 12:00 noon on 19th November, 2019. Late submissions shall be returned un-opened and non-compliance with addressing instructions will lead to disqualification.
- OPENING OF TECHNICAL BIDS AND EOI DOCUMENTS:
Opening of the Technical Bids and EOI will commence immediately after the deadlines for submission at 12:00 noon on 18th December, 2019 and 12:00 noon on 19th November, 2019 respectively, at NHIS Headquarters, Premises, Utako-Abuja. All Bidders and /or their representatives, Relevant Professional Bodies and non –Governmental Organizations (NGOs) are invited to witness the public opening exercise accordingly.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- All CAC, VAT, PENCOM, ITF, NSITF, BPP Certificates and/or letters may be referred to the Security Agencies, Corporate Affairs Commission. Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS), National Pension Commission, Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) and other bodies for verification.
- Only pre-qualified bidders will be invited for the next stage of the procurement process.
iii. Original documents of any aspect of a company’s submission may be requested for sighting.
- Each eligible company is allowed to bid for not more than two (2) Lots, multiple lots bidding is not allowed and any company discovered to have submitted bids for more than two Lots shall be disqualified.
The NHIS is not obligated to award a contract to any bidder and/or applicant and reserves the right to cancel and/or discontinue the procurement process at any stage without incurring any liability thereby to the bidders
This notice of “Invitation to Tender and EOI” shall not be construed as commitment on the part of NHIS nor shall it entitle any company to make claims or seek any indemnity from National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS).
NHIS Headquarters, Utako-Abuja
For: Executive Secretary/CEO, NHIS